Events & Activities
Santaluz Living: Community at its finest
While a major allure of Santaluz is its quiet elegance, the community is also a hive of activity, with something to suit every resident – from pickup basketball games and Pilates to bridge and book clubs – happening every day of the week. This is where people forge lasting friends and make lifelong connections.
Most activities are centered on or along the Village Green and reinforce Santaluz’s vision and values, including being a community that welcomes all and creates opportunities for community events, civic involvement and leisure activities.
Every month is celebrated at Santaluz with special events, such as summer concerts and movie nights on the Village Green and “Bagels and Brew” to welcome new homeowners. Each season serves up a special annual event, including:
- The Fall Harvest Festival, featuring horse-drawn hay rides, games for kids, fair food, Pie Bake-Off and Chili Cook-Off. For the big kids, there’s also a beer and wine tasting.
- The Children’s Winter Holiday Celebration in which families enjoy a fun-filled celebration of holiday crafts, cookie decorating, holiday music and photos with Santa Claus.
- The Spring Fling & Dash on the Grass draws everyone together to celebrate the end of winter (such as it is here in temperate San Diego) and discover or become reaquainted with all of the natural amenities that make Santaluz ideal for outdoor living. Join Peter Rabbit on teh Village Green for a day filled with cupcake decorating, crafts, inflatable slides, games, music and more.
- The Santaluz signature event is the Summer Celebration and Fireworks Spectacular, which draws more than 6,500 residents and guests for an evening of fun and awe-inspiring fireworks. A gourmet barbecue and ice cream treats are enjoyed between climbing a rock wall, playing laser tag and many more summer activities that culminate with a fireworks extravaganza you and your family and friends will never forget.
Golf isn’t the only place for clubs at Santaluz. There are many groups that meet regularly to socialize and share in a passion or take up a new hobby. Among those meeting regularly:
- The Bridge Club gathers Mondays to play cards.
- The Dinner Club enjoys an evening of culinary splendor while visiting with neighbors.
- Hiking Club meets monthly at Fresh Roast to take in the trails in and around Santaluz.
- Ladies Book Club meets monthly to discuss the book of the month.
- Ladies Lunch Bunch gathers to dine together at various locations.
- Mahjongg and Canasta are played every week
- Indian Princesses is a growing club of dads and daughters who bond and learn about each other and the community.
- Toddler Play Groups bring children ages two to four to laugh, learn and play at local parks in Santaluz and other parts of Carmel Valley and Del Mar.
- Santaluz Babies bring together parents and their babies for play dates, birthday celebrations and some great nights out for moms and dads. The groups are arranged by birth years.